Apply for Executive Director Position
Since 1998, Leadership Washington County (LWC) has been dedicated to nurturing and fostering
current and future leaders who immediately impact the Southwestern PA region. With an
unwavering commitment to excellence, we provide leadership programs that empower individuals
at all levels of their careers to become effective and impactful leaders. Our work has created a
community of leaders who drive positive change in their organizations and society. LWC continues to
be a driving force in shaping the future of our region.
Title: Executive Director
Status: Part-time Working 25 Hours/Week
Reports to: Board of Directors
Updated: September 2023
To apply, send an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Develops and implements a diversified fundraising plan for the Signature Leadership Program, Masterclass sessions, and all fundraising efforts focusing on multilateral sources, including social enterprise, government, foundations, corporations, individual donors, events.
- Seeks corporate, foundation, and individual funding support and sponsorships.
- Maintains relationships with current/past donors and sponsors ensuring their recognition and engagement throughout the year.
- Cultivates new sponsorships through annual campaigns and appeals.
- Coordinates with the Board to explore grant-writing strategies that allow LWC to not only retain previous grants and contracts but obtain new ones.
- Oversees all internal fundraising events, organizes event planning committees, and engages key corporate and community stakeholders.
- Partners with the Fundraising Committee to develop fundraising events to benefit LWC which includes the annual Bowl-A-Thon.
- Develops strategies for soliciting in-kind contributions and recognizing donor support.
Management and Administration
- Leads the strategic growth of the organization, which includes the creation and implementation of an operational strategic plan.
- Ensures compliance with all contracts, grants, and LWC standards.
- Creates and implements evaluation tools for all programs; provides reports based on data to funding agencies and other stakeholders when necessary.
- Manages day-to-day operations, manages all content relating to class participant information, and writes executive summaries for the Board.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures
- Oversees the operations of the Signature Leadership Program, Masterclass Programming, and Non-Profit Volunteer workshops.
- Tracks and analyzes leadership trends to identify Signature Leadership Program needs and maintain that the program is providing up-to-date and cutting-edge workshop material.
- Hires, develops, and supervises staff, performs annual evaluations and goal setting.
- Assists with the coordination of LWC’s annual budget in consultation with the LWC Treasurer of the Board.
- Promotes awareness and visibility of LWC in the Southwestern PA community and advocates for earned media opportunities with local media organizations.
- Actively maintains a high level of communication and good standing with LWC.
- Works with Marketing Chair, committee, and marketing agency to create marketing materials for events and programs.
- Manages the LWC brand, ensures its consistency and strength across the organization and community.
- Oversees the management of all social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Constant Contact.
- Maintains the company website, updating it, and obtaining volunteer and donor reports through the connected CRM platform.
- Works with the appropriate IT firm to maintain that all technology is updated and secure.
- Oversees the CRM platform for maintaining class participant records, donor information, and other stakeholder information.
- Maintains a close relationship with the Board of Directors providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, program review, and program development through regular meetings. Works with Board Committees to set and meet goals and objectives.
- Holds regular committee meetings, provides one-on-one supervision, and observation as needed.
- Communicates effectively in speech and writing with staff, Board of Directors, and all company stakeholders.
Leadership Washington County Programming
- Guides and evaluates the delivery of LWC programs and services in collaboration with the staff and board.
- Seeks and maintains surveys for feedback from clients and volunteers; conducts evaluations of all programming and events.
- Creates and delivers company presentations based on company expertise.
- Manages the application and selection process for the upcoming Signature Leadership Program.
- Maintains regular communication with the LWC class participants for upcoming class sessions and feedback.
- Plans, develops, and executes all logistics for the Signature Leadership Programming class sessions including the agenda, speaker, location, technology, and catering.
- Secures all session sponsors and funding for each Signature Leadership Programming class.
- Collects all class participant feedback, homework, and follow-up items from each session.
- Plans and executes all Signature Leadership Programming events which include (but are not limited to) the annual class kick-off, networking opportunities, and graduation.
- Plans, develops, and executes all logistics for the Masterclass Sessions and Non-Profit Volunteer Workshops including the agenda, speaker, location, technology, and catering. Responsible for all marketing and securing company sponsorships for the funding of these programs.
- Experienced leader with high ethical standards.
- Must be well-organized and self-motivated with the ability to relate to people at all levels in the community and companies. Effective collaboration and partnership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Five years of management, supervisory, fundraising, fiscal oversight, and program evaluation; preferably, experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; time management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations and provide strategic financial leadership.
- Effective collaboration and partnership skills
Compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
Salary range $35,000 – $40,000